4 Tips for Healthy Skin
Good skin care, including sun protection and gentle cleansing, can keep your skin healthy and glowing for years to come. If you feel like you don’t have time for intensive skin care, you can still pamper yourself by acing the basics. Good skin care and healthy lifestyle choices can help delay the natural aging process and prevent various skin problems. Get started with these four no-nonsense tips.
1) Protect your skin from the sun
Summer has made its way back to us, but unlike in other countries our summers are not filled with hot sunny days spent catching some rays, but rather wet and rainy weather that just does not seem to end. Don’t be fooled however; just because it is raining outside doesn’t mean that your skin is safe from the sun’s harsh effects – UV rays seem to wiggle their way through the rain’s invigorating droplets, affecting your skin in a number of negative ways. Remember to use a broad-spectrum sunscreen everyday with an SPF (Sun Protection Factor) of at least 30. The best defensive measure is an offensive one, so practicing good skin care will keep your skin healthy and glowing for years to come – delaying the natural ageing process and preventing various skin problems.
2) Treat your skin gently
Daily cleansing and shaving can take a toll on your skin, so keep it gentle:
- Limit bath time. Hot water and long showers or baths remove oils from your skin. Limit your bath or shower time, and use warm water rather than hot water.
- Avoid strong soaps. Strong soaps and detergents can strip oil from your skin; choose mild cleansers instead like Dove’s Beauty Bar that is gentle on your skin, leaving it feeling smoother and more radiant than ever before.
- Shave carefully. To protect and lubricate your skin, apply shaving cream, lotion or gel before shaving. For the closest shave, use a clean, sharp razor. Shave in the direction the hair grows, not against it.
- Pat dry. After washing or bathing, gently pat or blot your skin dry with a towel so that some moisture remains on your skin.
- Moisturize. Use a moisturizer that fits your skin type. If you suffer from dry skin, why not try out Vaseline’s Dry Skin Repair Lotion that has been specifically designed to repair dry skin in three weeks.
3) Eat a healthy diet
A healthy diet can help you look and feel your best. Eat plenty of fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean proteins. The association between diet and acne isn’t clear, but some research suggests that a diet rich in vitamin C and low in unhealthy fats and processed or refined carbohydrates might promote younger looking skin.
4) Manage stress
Uncontrolled stress can make your skin more sensitive and trigger acne breakouts and other skin problems. To encourage healthy skin, and a healthy state of mind, take steps to manage your stress. Set reasonable limits, scale back your to-do list and make time to do the things you enjoy. The results might be more dramatic than you expect.
Comments are closed